FutureMakers is a team of expert coaches who bring maker education workshops to children, families, and the places they learn and grow. We create makerspaces for small hands with big ideas.
Maker Education Consultant
We’re presently developing a lab and team in greater Chicagoland. We’re seeking an exceptional coach to tackle the research and development phase with us.
Position Type: Constultant
Compensation: Competitive rate, depending on proposal.
Position Term: February - April, with option for extension.
- Research maker education programs in the region - in and out of school time.
- Conduct market research with parents, educators and institutional stakeholders.
- Establish connections with potential partners in select areas.
- Identify resources and pathways for building a corps of coaches.
- Support strategic planning of a home base lab.
- Plan, report to and collaborate with FutureMakers admim team members.
- Significant knowledge of and connections within the community of maker ed / STEAM programs for pre-K - 8 youth in Chicago and the North Shore.
- Examples of planning and program development - see screening tasks.
- Experience as a STEAM / maker educator, with an active practice.
- Examples of recent projects undertaken as a maker educator.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - with community leaders, educators, families and youth.
- Comfort with telework, technology, and reliable transporation.